Location: Ashford, Kent
Salary: £30,000 (DOE)
Contract: Permanent – Full Time
Who Are We
DMC Canotec are a leading provider of Print and Document Management, IT and Telecoms solutions. Our goal is to enable organisations to create a more digital and collaborative workplace helping them to achieve cost savings, improve productivity and reduce environmental impacts.
Our Telco division in Ashford, is looking for an innovative, motivated individual to join our team as a PHP Developer. The ideal candidate will have the skills and the passion to help us create inventive, and use-friendly web-based systems, someone keen to develop their skills and willing to bridge the gap between clients’ requirements and the technical limitations of online systems.
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, the incumbent will be re-developing our customer facing portals, adding features and modernising our software-based systems.
- Redeveloping customer facing portals
- Modernise our software-based systems
- Write “clean”, well designed code
- Produce detailed specifications
- Develop and deploy new features on portals & websites
- Follow industry best practise
- Website administration, troubleshooting, software testing and user training
Required skills and experience
- Educated to degree level in either software engineering, computer science or similar
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- SQL Experience
- Object Oriented Programming
- Proven software development experience in working with one or more PHP frameworks
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- General enthusiasm, drive and a can-do attitude is a must.
- 23 days holiday rising to 28, plus bank holidays
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Voucher and Discount Hub
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme